Frequently Asked Questions
New here? Everything you need to know is right here!
Students of all levels of experience (including none!) are always welcome. Most of our classes are All Levels and have beginners in all of them. During class teachers will provide modifications and instructions to meet your specific needs. In addition, if you are new to our studio, we advise that you let your teacher know before class starts.
Please come at least 15 minutes prior to class starting to fill out our registration form, or click on the "Purchase" tab to register yourself online. If you have never been to the studio before you are be eligible for our New Student Special.
- Why do I need an online account? Your online account enables you to manage your membership at The Point from your home, your phone - anywhere! Classes can be purchased, scheduled, and cancelled through your personal account. Upon creating an account you will sign our liability release and provide us with emergency contact information. Please include your phone number on your account. There may be times we need to reach you regarding cancellations.
- Should I preregister for classes? Yes, we recommend preregistering for any class you plan to take, but please be aware of our cancellation guidelines explained in studio policies. If you haven't preregistered, you are welcome to come to class. We will accommodate walk-ins space permitting.
- What should I expect on my first visit? Expect to be welcomed and congratulated on your decision! On your first visit to the studio, plan to arrive about 15 minutes early prior to class starting to fill out our registration form, or click on the "Purchase" tab to register yourself online. Please introduce yourself to the instructor and he/she will show you around. Please us this opportunity to ask your instructor any questions and let them know about any injuries or limitations you might have so they can offer you appropriate modifications and instruction during class
- Where do I leave my stuff? There are bathrooms to change. We have cubbies for all of your belongings. No personal items are allowed in the studio rooms. The Point is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- What should I bring? We have it all here for you! We have all the yoga props you'll need (mats, straps, blocks, bolsters, blankets) for your practice. In addition, we have filtered water to refill your own bottles. You are welcome to bring your own yoga mat, bottle of water and towel.
- What should I wear? Wear what you're comfortable in and material that is breathable. Most people wear leggings, a tank and grippy socks. We recommend something you are comfortable in as you will be stretching, sweating and shaking! All our classes will get your internal temperature up, so a towel and a bottle of water are a good idea to bring to class.
- What class should I take? Most of our classes are labeled "all levels", and we really mean this as each of these classes has a mix of a wide range of experience for the students. Each teacher has their own style, so make sure you check out our Meet Our Team page for more information on each of them! If you have questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask the class instructor.
- How to get the most out of class? Brand New Beginners: Let the instructor know if you are brand new to our studio and they may provide you with modifications and advice to enhance your experience. As with any new physical activity, it will take your body some time to get used to the new movements and positions, so be patient with yourself and allow your body to open safely. You do not have to be flexible to begin yoga. Give yourself space to rest and not expect yourself to be able to do everything your first time. It takes time to learn any new activity. Breathe, take rest when you need to, and enjoy the process!
- If you have injuries, old surgeries, or any conditions (including pregnancy) or medication that could effect your practice, please consult your physician before beginning any form of exercise. Definitely let your instructor know so he/she can keep an eye on you and offer modifications. Yoga and barre can be a great tool to help rehabilitate injury, but some modifications may be necessary to keep the practice safe for you.
- What if I have to cancel? We have a 4-hour cancellation policy. No-shows and cancellations within the 4-hour window will be charged in full. If you know that you will not be able to make it to class, please cancel yourself through your online account so that we may add the next person on the waiting list. You do not need to email Point when you cancel or no-show; we understand that life happens. Late cancels (inside the 4 hours prior to class) or no-shows will result in the forfeiture of the class and you will be charged as attending, no exceptions will be given past an initial warning. For monthly unlimited & intro special members: a late cancel or no-show will result in a $8 fee, no exceptions. Please see more about our cancellation guidelines under studio policies.
- What if I am running late? Please be aware that spaces will be released five minutes prior to the start of class to walk-ins, so please be sure to arrive at least five minutes before class.
- Should I sign up for the waiting list? We strongly suggest signing up for the waiting list. More often than not we are able to add clients to class. If you sign up for the waiting list for a class, please make sure to double check the status of your reservation as close to class as possible You will receive a notification when you are added to class. Once you are in, you are in! Our late cancellation policy applies to wait list additions as well.
- What are classes for a cause? Enjoy a fabulous full body class at a lower cost and help your community at the same time!
Please note, for sign up purposes only this class is listed as free, however a donation is required at check in to participate in the class. Please remember that this is a CASH ONLY donation class, with the minimum donation set at $5 per person. Class credits do not apply at check in. The proceeds will be donated to the selected organization of the month and help make a positive impact.
Do you have any student discounts? We do offer class packs at a discounted rate for students, teachers, healthcare providers, and first responders. Please email us at email@example.com for details.
We can't wait to see you around the studio.
Be prepared to move, stretch, and enjoy your class!
Please review our studio policies for more information.